6 Reasons People Are Bewitched by Brookhaven
- The Location One of the biggest reasons people are flocking in droves to live in Brookhaven is the location. Brookhaven is a unique city: its location inside the perimeter makes it close to urban areas like Buckhead and downtown/midtown Atlanta, yet it’s also near more suburban-type cities such as Chamblee and Dunwoody. Easy access to GA 400, I-85, and 285 make for shorter commutes and a quicker trip down to the Atlanta airport.
- Dining/Shopping Brookhaven is home to many mixed-use developments, including Town Brookhaven and Village Place on Dresden Drive, giving residents access to great restaurants and top-notch shopping. Many neighborhoods are within walking distance of these shopping centers. Plus, Lenox Mall and Phipps Plaza are just a few miles away. In addition, the multicultural community along Buford Highway is renowned for its fabulous ethnic cuisine.
- It's a “Suburban City” Brookhaven offers the excitement of big city life with the lifestyle of small town living. Residents enjoy small-town aspects like shorter commutes to work, a sense of knowing your neighbors, parks, and local events. They also love city-life like being able to walk to top-rated restaurants, having MARTA close by, and being just minutes from downtown Atlanta.
- Parks Most cities have a few good parks. Brookhaven has 14 great parks! It’s largest park, Murphey Candler, boasts 135 acres with youth baseball, softball and football leagues, nature trails, picnic pavilions, a pool, and a lake. Popular Blackburn Park has tennis and basketball courts, soccer fields, picnic areas, and trails, plus Food Truck nights and other community events. Other parks in Brookhaven like Ashford Park and Lynwood Park offer playground equipment, walking trails, open greenspace, and more.
- Strong Sense of Community Residents of Brookhaven are obviously proud of their beautiful city, and with that comes a sense of community that you just don’t find in urban areas. Brookhaven folks look out for one another. In fact, Brookhaven ranks as the safest city in Dekalb County and the 10th safest city in Georgia. This sense of community is evident at the many local events throughout the year, such as Food Truck nights, the Brookhaven Arts Festival in the fall, the Cherry Blossom Festival in the spring, and various seasonal and holiday gatherings.
- Growth Brookhaven is the largest city in Dekalb County and seems to be growing exponentially each year. The city draws potential residents in part because of the wide variety of options for home ownership from townhomes and condos, ranches and bungalows, to newly constructed custom homes and historic multimillion dollar mansions. The city’s upcoming greenway project and construction of a huge CHOA complex is sure to bring even more growth to the area.