1. Space. The only problem with having over thirty five hundred square feet of space is figuring out how to use it all! The main living area features a huge space with a large kitchen, breakfast area, and spacious, bright family room. There's a bedroom with a full bath on the main level to use as a wonderful guest suite or as a home office. A large formal dining room is just off the foyer and can handle a crowd. Four bedrooms upstairs include a generous master suite. Finishing out the terrace level would add even more space. You could have another bedroom and bath for guests, a rec room, game room, workout room, even a home theater. Let your imagination run wild!
2. Finishes. From the cove crown molding and the stained hardwood floors to the top-of-the-line chrome fixtures and granite countertops, the builder made sure this home has all the bells and whistles. The lighting fixtures, woodwork, and even the tilework are all first-class and immaculate. The gorgeous hardwood floors were stained with a hint of gray to enhance the slate grey tones of the décor. In the kitchen, the builder used two different kinds of granite to add beauty and visual interest. In the dining room judges paneling and cove crown molding paired with a unique lighting fixture make an elegant and sophisticated room.
3. Floorplan. An open floorplan is a feature most buyers want these days, since it allows you to easily entertain but also is practical for everyday life. Conversation and foot traffic can easily flow from the kitchen to the family room without interruption. The main living space in this home is really just one big, open room with the kitchen and family room just flowing together, but the spaces are also clearly defined by both architectural elements and decorator touches. The island, clearly part of the kitchen, was painted in a different color than the rest of the kitchen cabinetry and has a different type and color of granite than the rest of the kitchen countertops. This results in a furniture-style island that delineates the kitchen from the family room but also helps it flow naturally into the living space. The rustic exposed beams on the family room ceiling tell you that you are entering a new space, but you can still see all the way to the foyer from the family room.
4. Kitchen. High end finishes like custom built cabinetry, KitchenAid appliances, top-of-the-line fixtures, designer lighting, and two different types of granite will make you feel like you have died and gone to kitchen heaven. The gourmet in you will love the 6-burner cooktop, complete with a griddle for your Saturday morning pancakes and bacon. Meals just seem to taste better when they are prepared in beautiful new appliances! A custom designed layout means everything is laid out in an efficient way. The cabinetry has soft-close doors and drawers so no matter how fast you are bustling around you don't hear the slam of cabinet doors. The walk-in pantry boasts wood shelves and a high ceiling so there is plenty of room to store all your supplies.
5. Main Living Area. The family room features a brick fireplace with a rustic wood mantel, matching the exposed beams of the ceiling. Hang your flat screen TV right over the fireplace! Custom built-in cabinetry with shelving sits on either side of the fireplace. The cabinetry provides a place to store media, blankets, or books. Line the shelves with picture frames, art, books, or media. The cabinets are pre-wired for your TV and electronics. The back wall has huge, beautiful windows, allowing a ton of natural light to flow into the large space. Right off the family room is a spectacular custom wet bar. The bar has the same shaker style cabinetry and decor as the kitchen, but the builder added a neat touch that makes this really cool and unique -- a stainless steel tiled backsplash. The bar has a beverage cooler and plenty of storage for your barware and supplies. What a great feature to have for entertaining! A covered deck is just off the family room next to the bar. Screen in the deck and you have an extension of the family room! There’s a cozy outdoor fireplace on the deck, too – just in time for the coming cooler weather.
6. Master Suite. The master suite will become your happy place. A gorgeous trey ceiling watches over the bedroom, featuring recessed lighting and double crown molding. Plenty of options for your bedroom furniture -- three walls have been outfitted with perfectly spaced electrical outlets, so no matter where you put the bed you will have outlets on either side for your nightstands. The master has two walk-in closets, one in the bedroom and the other in the bath, plus a linen closet inside the bath -- no matter what your storage needs are, you are covered! The sensational master bath is even more beautiful in person. A custom vanity topped with granite houses dual vanities with chrome fixtures and boasts chic pendant lighting shining down from above. A huge window above a 6' freestanding tub lights up the entire space. The custom tiled walk-in shower boasts two rainfall showerheads and a bench, plus a frameless glass door to round out the clean, luxurious look.
7. Exterior. A covered brick front porch adorns the front of the home, giving you a place to sit and relax while admiring your manicured front lawn. Wood, brick, and wrought-iron come together with craftsman details to make a porch you will want to use. Professional landscaping surrounds the home, nestled among mature trees. The yard has a Rain Bird irrigation system installed, so you can always keep the yard looking as pristine as it does now. A patio sits underneath the covered deck overlooking the fenced backyard. Plenty of space to grill out and play sports or outdoor games. Time for a housewarming party!
8. Terrace Level. The full unfinished terrace level has been framed out and stubbed for a bath. All it needs is your imagination! Couldn’t you use a rec room or second family room? A game room, playroom, or even a home theater? A bedroom and bath for guests to use? More storage space? How wonderful to be able to expand downstairs as your needs grow. Step out from the terrace level right onto the patio – a great set-up for entertaining.
9. Location. Ashford Park is one of Brookhaven's most desired neighborhoods, mainly because of its proximity to so many amenities like shopping, dining, and parks. Ashford Park, featuring tennis courts, playground, picnic tables, and a rentable clubhouse, is just a stone’s throw away. Top-rated restaurants like Kaleidoscope, Haven, and Verde Taqueria are just down the street. The shops and services at Village Place and Town Brookhaven are also mere minutes away.
10. Extras. Lastly, the builder added a few special touches to the home that you might not see right away, such as architectural shingles, durable hardiplank siding, and easy-to-clean, no-rot windows. HillGrove Homes designs and builds home to last!
Want more information on Hillgrove Homes? Click Here